Snacks to Make Your Diet Plan Fun
Delicious Healthy Snacks to Make Your Diet Plan Fun
Many people are under the impression that a healthy diet plan consists only of tasteless food items, making it more difficult to restrain one from bingeing on tasty junk food and accepting a healthy way of life. To some extent it is true as a healthy meal is most likely to exclude the ingredients that can add taste to it. However, there are ways you canturn the unsavory sprouts and green vegetables on your plate into yummy low calorie snacks.
Being a dietitian, I have come across clients that complain of hopelessly forcing themselves for eating healthy food. And this also turns out to be a problem for many mothers who are perturbed by the fuss their kids create over having nutritious foodstuffs. So, I decided to share some healthy snack recipes that are utterly scrumptious.
1. Sprouted MoongBonda
One of the irresistible South Indian diet snacks, this one is easy to make and won’t take much of your time!
Ingredients: Sprout Green GramDal (30g), Spinach (50g), Potatoes (50g), Onion (25g), Besan, Salt and ChaatMasala.
· Steam cook the sprout green gramdal
· Wash and chop the spinach and the onion
· Boil the potatoes and mash them
· Mix sprouts, spinach leaves, potatoes, onion, salt and chaatmasala
· Divide the mixture into small balls
· Prepare besan batter by adding a little salt
· Dip each ball in besan batter and fry in hot oil till it turns golden brown
· Use a tissue paper to soak the oil
· Your Sprouted MoongDalBonda is ready to be relished
2. Sago (Sabudana) Peanut Vada
Sago is known to improve digestion. You caninclude it in your daily diet with this recipe and prevent digestive disorders.
Ingredients:Sago (25g), Potatoes (100g), Bathua Leaves (100g), Groundnuts (25g), Salt and Aamchur (Mango) Powder.
· Wash and soak sago in water for 20 minutes
· Boil potatoes and mash them
· Washand chopbathua leaves
· Roast the groundnuts and remove their red skin by rubbing them with your hands
· Coarse grind the groundnuts
· Mix all these ingredients and then add salt and amchur powder
· Make small balls andflatten them
· Shallow fry on a pan
· Serve it hot
If you feel the urge to nosh something while having your evening tea, you can consider this traditional and healthy snack of the Marathisand the Gujaratis.
Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Besan, Salt, Roasted Ground , Coriander seeds, Red chilli powder, Curd (in little amount) , Potatoes, Spinach, Mustard seeds, Asafoetida and Basal Leaves.
· Prepare a stiff dough using whole wheat flour, besan, salt, coriander seeds and red chilli powder
· Boil and mash the potatoes,add onion and the spinach.
· Take a pan and add oil to it
· Fry the mustard seeds, asafoetida and basal leaves in oil
· Now cook together the mashed vegetables,green chilli, coriander seeds and curd with the previously mentioned mixture
· Roll up dough in a squarish shape
· Sprinkle the filling evenly
· Now, roll up the square and cut small circular slices
· Fry these slices and serve with green coconut chutney
4. Healthy Kabab Rolls
If you receive some unexpected guests at home, you can surely rely on these utterly delicious quick snacks.
Ingredients: Mince Meat (Keema), Bengal Gram (small amount), seasonings (cumin, cloves, coriander powder and green cardamom), mint leaves, green chillies, cream and curd.
· Cook minced keema, bengal gram seeds and seasonings together
· Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chili to make a fine paste.
· Mix the paste with keema
· Now add cream and curd
· Make balls from this material and fry them on a pan
· Roll these balls with half a roti and stick the edges with flour paste
· Grill the kababs and savor them with tomato ketchup.
5. Soft MoongPaneer Cheese Cheela
It’s indeed a great and healthy choice for breakfast.
Ingredients:MoongDal, Green Chili, Cumin, Paneer, Onion, Cheese, GaramMasala, Seasoning (cumin, cloves, coriander powder and green cardamom) and Salt.
· Soak moongdalin water for 2 hours
· Grind the dal with green chili and cumin into a fine paste
· Mash paneer
· Sauté onion on a pan and mix salt, garammasala and seasoning; add paneer and sauté it
· Let the mixture cool down for a while
· Now take the moong paste and make thin crust cheela
· Spread the paneer filling and little cheese on the cheela
· The delectable cheelas are ready and you can enjoy it with some chilled berry juice
Do let me know about your experiences with these mouthwatering recipes in the comment section! J